Sunday 13 November 2016

Tundra Baby Vest Pattern


At last I have my new pattern ready to publish - Tundra Baby Vest. It has taken a little while, as you will see there are different wrapovers for boy or girl, and two different sizes 0-3 months Newborn, or 3-6 months Older Baby. The pattern contains some pictures to show how the boy/girl versions differ. These samples are knitted from James C. Brett Marble Doubleknit. I love these vibrant colours, but the same wool maker also does a Baby Marble Doubleknit or Baby Marble, if you want something more traditional. (I have put links to LoveKnitting where I see some of these wools are in a sale.)  

The knitting for this vest is not terrible hard, but I think it makes a really cosy and pretty top. I am toying with the idea of larger sizes, or a version with arms, but for the moment I think I need to make something a bit more seasonalThe main sections are knitted in rib, which make it very warm and stretchy. The neck is finished off with a length of icord. You could leave this off, put it is not hard to do, and I think gives it a neat looking finish. I managed to find cute little toggles, although you could use buttons.


It is getting colder here in the UK; There has been some frost on the window panes in the early morning.  I quite fancy wearing a cosy knitted body warmer myself.
 
Boy Wrapover

Girl Tundra Baby Vest - Newborn and Older Sizes

The pattern is available on Craftsy, ravelry, Etsy and LoveKnitting at present.










8 comments:

  1. These are so cute, the i cord gives a lovely finish. The toggles are a nice modern touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and agree the cord looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, would love one myself too! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Adorable!!
    Hollie @ http://www.quirkybohemianmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. This is adorable!! I think my baby needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely. Too bad your pattern is sized only for babies, I would love to make something like this for my girl. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful job :) kisses,

    Sandra y Dani
    SanDryCreaciones

    ReplyDelete