Thursday 28 September 2017

"Traditional Christmas Elephants" ... Again


I try not to repeat things too much, but it seems the right time of year to remind you about  "The Traditional Christmas Elephant". I published this pattern in the Spring, as I just couldn't wait, but I think now is the time of year people start thinking about making Christmas decorations. (You can read more about my ideas then here.)

For my new decoration I wanted to make something that had not been done before. You can find the pattern on Etsy, LoveKnitting, or Ravelry.
   
The pattern contains instructions for both large and small elephants. They have a felt backing, and my pattern contains photos and instructions on how to put the elephant together. You can also make it with or without the coloured seat section.  These elephants are a fairly quick make, so if you were looking to give the decorations as gifts it is ideal, as they are handmade and personal but not too time-consuming. You can use up oddments of wool that you have left over from other projects.

My other reason for repeating the pictures is that I have put the actual elephants in my Etsy shop. I have taken the opportunity to add a few other knitted items and relist some patterns that I had let drop out of the shop.
 




I am busy working on a new pattern. I am very excited about it, but this doesn't seem to have translated into getting on with it. It is one of those patterns that the family have scoffed at - "you just can't make one of those out of wool". Ha, they will see. I have the whole thing worked out in my head, but I need to get on and knit it and write the pattern. I would also say it is something that is iconic, and I think people who like them, really like them. If you want to have a guess in the comments please do ... but you will never, never, never get it.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas elephants, so cute.
    I'm thinking what you could be doing next - iconic, really liked, unexpected to be made from wool - this is not easy - honestly I have no idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elephants and these are so cute. Good luck with your Etsy shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two are definitely my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so cute - I love that you have an elephant Christmas tradition:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just too cute! My son loves elephants, so I know he'll want one too...Thank you for joining The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete